So Thursday night I attended the Zine Vending Machine Launch at the start of You Are Here. The director of ArtsACT, David Whitney, made an intro and vended a couple of zines (one of which, I’m glad to say, was mine). The machine itself is a wholly mechanical affair, requiring no electricity to run, simply put in a two dollar coin and turn the handle to get a zine. The vending machine will stay in the Money Bin where it will be relocated to Gorman House for the Zine/DIY Fair.
In the machine there is:
- Sunset by Emma
- Cafe by Alice
- Things I Like by Juker
- Plant Sounds 2012 by Paul Summerfield
- Nic & Craig go to Japan by Nic Lawson
- Crotch by Ampersand Duck
- The Desired Effect by Bernie Slater
- My Canberra by Zoë Anderson
- This is Zine of Small Pictures by Raphel Kabo
- Better Things To Do by Pete Huet
- Boldly Sweetie by Spae
- and, Unbroken Poetry, which is by me.
For slightly more details go to the You Are Here official Site, or hit up the Canberra Zine Emporium